Our skin is at the mercy of many forces as we age- the sun, harsh weather, and bad habits. But we can take steps to help our skin stay supple and fresh-looking.
How your skin ages will depend on a variety of factors like your lifestyle, diet, heredity, and other personal habits. For instance, smoking can produce free radicals, once-healthy oxygen molecules that are now overactive and unstable. Free radicals damage cells, leading to premature wrinkles.
There are other reasons, too. Primary factors contributing to wrinkled, spotted skin include normal aging, exposure to the sun (photoaging) and pollution, and loss of subcutaneous support (fatty tissue between your skin and muscle). Other factors that contribute to aging of the skin include stress, gravity, daily facial movement, obesity, and also your sleep position.
Skin Changes That Come With Age
As we grow older, changes like these naturally occur:
- Skin becomes rougher.
- Skin develops lesions such as benign tumors.
- Skin becomes slack. The loss of the elastic tissue (elastin) in the skin with age causes the skin to hang loosely.
- Skin becomes more transparent. This is caused by thinning of the epidermis (surface layer of the skin).
- Skin becomes more fragile. This is caused by a flattening of the area where the epidermis and dermis (layer of skin under the epidermis) come together.
- Skin becomes more easily bruised. This is due to thinner blood vessel walls.
Changes below the skin also become evident as we age. They include:
- Loss of fat below the skin in the cheeks, temples, chin, nose, and eye area may result in loosening skin, sunken eyes, and a “skeletal” appearance.
- Bone loss, mostly around the mouth and chin, may become evident after age 60 and cause puckering of the skin around the mouth.
- Cartilage loss in the nose causes drooping of the nasal tip and accentuation of the bony structures in the nose.
To tackle these ill-effects of aging, one can opt for a healthy lifestyle, balanced diet, giving up on too much of smoking and drinking, regular exercise and an advanced skincare product like Spa Elixir Cream. It is worth a try to believe it’s effective results. Spa Elixir Cream Reviews are doing the rounds on the internet and users simply loved this anti aging cream as it has real gold flakes and other premium ingredients that work at the cellular level.